- Emphasis on Housing, Education (Rs. 4000 cr.)
- Crticises centre for not raising borrowing
limit in view of flood
- New government needed at Centre to ease
- Sabarimala agitation was second disaster after
- Study centre and museum on renaissance
- Rs. 250 cr for flood affected panchayats
- Rs. 1000 for rebuild Kerala initiative
- 1200+ plan schemes
- Industries Park and large investments-- 15600
- Ring road near Vizhinjam
- Petrochemical Park at Kochi
- Land bonds and land pooling for industrial
- Ayyankali Employment Guarantee Programme- Rs.
- Rs. 700 cr for start-ups
- Branched sale of Wayanad coffee to improve
earning of cultivators
- 10 crore for pepper development in Wayanad
- Carbon neutral coffee production in Wayanad
- Townships in Kochi on Amaravati model
- Keragraman scheme for coconut cultivation
- Rice park and rubber park of international
- Rs. 500 crore for support price for rubber
- New Kuttanad Package-- region to be cleaned
up-- Rs. 500 cr.
- New duck breeding farm in Kuttanad
- AC Road to be re-constructed
- Life Science Park- Rs. 20 cr.
- Rs. 1000 cr to be spent for coastal areas--
Ochi package to be enlarged.
- Housing scheme for fishermen
- New Port at Pozhiyur
- Boat building yard at Kollam
- 20 PSUs to turn around.
- Rs. 900 cr for taluk hospitals
- LED bulbs for all houses through kudumbasree
- Vehicle tax concession for electric vehicles
- Factories for building electric vehicles
- KSTRC to run TVM city buses using electric
- Bakel - Vizhinjam waterway to be ready by 2020
- Spices route project to be expanded
- Rs. 1367 cr for public works
- North-South parallel rail line
- NORKA to meet expenses for transport of dead
bodies of Keralites from Gulf
- Kerala Bank, first scheduled bank in the
cooperative sector, to start functioning in 2019
- Rs. 20 cr for hunger free Kerala
- Rs. 1420 for women empowerment
- Micro industrial units under Kudumbasree for
- Bank loans to 6500 neighbourhood groups
- Life Mission third stage -1290 cr
- Rs. 292 cr for high tech classrooms sanctioned
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme
announced-- Rs. 1 lakh coverage.
- Govt. to provide assistance of up to Rs. 5 lakh
for those requiring costly treatment.
- Trauma care in all hospitals
- Rs. 35 crore for academic excellence.
- Rs. 2500 cr for agriculture
- Sports Park -- Rs. 7 cr.
- Opening closed cashew factories-- aid for loan
- Welfare pensions to be hiked by Rs. 100 to Rs.
1200 a month
- 100 new BUDS schools to be started
- Rs. 20 cr more for endosulfan victims
- Rs. 147.5 cr schemes for Sabarimala base camps
- Rs. 629 cr for roads to Sabarimala
- Rs. 100 cr for Travancore Devaswom Board.
- Wayanad-Bandhipur high way-- 50% of cost to be
met by Kerala
- Rs. 1000 cr. for KSRTC
- Welfare Fund for workers of employment
- Rs. 91 cr. for Kasaragod package.
- State Finance Commission to be named shortly.
- KFC to raise Rs. 500 cr. from market
- Pay revision arrears to be paid in two
installments in cash
- All commodities with GST rates of 12% and above
to attract 1% flood cess for two years
- 0.25 percent cess on gold, silver and platinum
for two years
- Small dealers who have availed composition tax
will be excluded from levy of cess.
- 2% hike in tax on first sale of beer, wine
- Local bodies allowed to collect 10% luxury tax
on cinema tickets and other entertainment
- Onetime tax on new motor cycles, motor cars and
private service vehicles used for private purpose
increased by 1%.
- 50% concession on tax for five years to newly
registered e-Rickshaws, 25% concession for other
- Five per cent hike in fees and charges on Govt
- Fee on appeals to Revenue Department raised to
- Stamp duty for agreements relating to deposit of
title deeds reduced from 0.50% to 0.10% with
a maximum ceiling of Rs. 10,000 and stamp duty for
release deeds for such mortgages shall be reduced
to 0.10% with an upper limit of Rs. 1000/-
- Stamp duty for agreements for the purpose of
land development between the landlord and builder
will be reduced to 1% from 8%, with an upper limit
of Rs. 1000/-
- Existing fair value will be increased by 10% to
realise addl revenue of Rs. 400 cr
- The luxury tax rate for residential buildings
will be revised on the basis of plinth area.
i) 3000 to 5000 sq. ft. - Rs.4,000/-
ii) 5001 to 7500 sq. ft. - Rs.6,000/-
iii) 7501 to 10000 sq. ft. - Rs.8,000/-
iv) Above 10000 sq. ft . - Rs.10,000/-
- e-Stamping expanded and court fees included
within the ambit of e-Stamping
- Maximum rate of interest chargeable by a money
lender fixed at 18%.
- Revenue deficit to be reduced to 1% and fiscal
deficit to 3%
- Automatic number plate detection for ensuring
- Tax Department to be restructured
- Tax Intelligence wing to be strengthened
- Compounding for service providers at 6 per cent
Additional Expenditure announced: Rs. 1410.63
Tax Relaxation: Rs. 300
Additional resource mobilisation: Rs.
Cumulative Deficit at the end of the year:
Rs. 431.43 cr